Monday, January 12, 2009

Creative Endeavors By . . .

WELCOME one and all!




This is a blog dedicated to creativity. Have you ever heard someone say, 'I've got a great idea for a book (movie) (play) (website) (and on and on and on).'? Maybe they've said it for years on end. It's the same storyline, the same characters the same plot. But it's not a book. It will never be a book until they sit down and write it. This is my message to you. SIT DOWN AND WRITE THAT BOOK YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT! It sounds trite. It sounds corny but you're not going to write that book (or take whatever creative step your heart desires) by talking about it for the next twenty years. So, sit down at the computer, at the easel, the potter's wheel, whatever your mode of expression and just do it. Type one letter, one number. Then type the next. Then the next. It isn't as hard as you think. I did it in 2008. If I can sit my raggedy, short attention spanned ass down and write a book I think anyone can. If I get a publishing contract in 2009 I think I'll be living the high life. If not, then there's always 2010 (which has a certain ring to it after all.)




So, welcome one and all. Pour a cup of coffee, tea, wine, whatever your poison is and relax in front of this blog for a few. Then stand up, give yourself a good feline stretch all over and get back to work. The muse is with you always. Let her speak. If you can't get it out right at the moment let it all out here.




Sit down and . . .




Take care! - Bethany Moran

No comments:

Post a Comment